Dated 16 Sep 2016
1. Registration and Subscriber Profile
Rave may use aggregated Subscriber data for external purposes (such as reporting total users registered for The Services) and internal purposes (such as maintenance of software used in connection with the provision of its services); provided that such information shared with third parties will be aggregated in a manner that prevents Subscriber PII from being identified to, or associated with, a particular Subscriber.
2. Third Parties
a) if sharing your information is necessary to execute a specific request by you or a Client (e.g. your wireless phone number may be passed to a third party to locate the device during the course of an emergency). In these specific cases, Rave attempts to ensure, including through the use of Confidentiality Agreements, that third parties will not retain, share or store any PII except to provide the specific services requested by you. Specific instances of permitted disclosure of PII include:
1. In the event an emergency call or other direct communcation is placed from any of the Subscriber Phones associated with a Subscriber Account, and provided that the agency receiving the call has The Services technology, Subscriber's critical care information may be displayed on the answering operator's work station screen or to emergency responders.
2. In the event a non-9-1-1 call is made to a public safety agency from any of the Subscriber Phones associated with a Subscriber Account and is then routed into a 9-1-1 system, if the receiving 9-1-1 agency has The Services technology, the Subscriber's critical care information may be displayed on the 9-1-1 operator's work station screen.
In these situations, once information is passed to the local 9-1-1 authorities, Rave no longer has control over the transmission of the information. It may be conveyed verbally over an unsecured radio or transmitted in some other way to the responding emergency response team or others.
3. In the event an Emergency Service Provider uses The Services database query tools, and your Subscriber Information includes an address within the querying Emergency Service Provider's jurisdiction, and a portion of your Subscriber Information matches the Emergency Service Provider's query criteria, and if you have elected to participate in this portion of the The Services service, your Subscriber Critical Care information will be displayed in the search results presented to the Emergency Service Provider.
b) Rave believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply or enable compliance with (i) any law or regulation, (ii) a judicial or criminal proceeding, action, or investigation, (iii) a Client's internal proceedings or investigations for alleged violations of the Client's policies or codes of conduct, or (iv) a court order or legal process served on or otherwise applicable to Rave or a Client; (b) to enforce the Terms of Service that govern your use of The Services; or (c) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of a Client, Rave, the wireless carrier providing access to the Services, other Members or the public.;
c) if Rave sells assets or is acquired by or merges with another company, in which event your PII may be disclosed to the acquiring or successor company for the purpose of allowing the continuation of your The Services service; or
Rave is not responsible for the actions or inactions of any third party receiving your PII as permitted herein, including without limitation the disclosure or use of PII by such third party. These third parties may have their own respective privacy policies governing their use, protection and disclosure of your PII.
3. Cookies and Log Files
The Services will not knowingly provide access to The Services to persons under the age of eighteen (18) without parental consent. If Rave learns that a Member is under the age of eighteen (18) and does not have parental consent, appropriate steps may be taken to remove the Subscriber's PII from the database and restrict the individual from future access to The Services. Any registration by, use of or access to the Sites by anyone under 13 is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of the The Services Terms of Service.
Rave has implemented security measures to protect Member PII from loss, misuse and alteration. Rave uses practices that it believes are industry-standard, such as encrypted storage, firewalls and password protection systems, to safeguard the confidentiality of your PII. Passwords are encrypted and hidden from System Administrators, and other types of PII may be encrypted using industry best practices. Only authorized Rave personnel are permitted to access PII, and these personnel are required to treat this PII as confidential. Despite these precautions, it is not possible to guarantee the security of PII, including PII stored on a computer or transmitted over the internet, a computer network, or by wireless carrier. Accordingly, Rave cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to PII.
6. You Have Control Over Your Personal Information
You can change your PII stored in The Services at any time, whether it be the information supplied at registration, as part of your Profile or Account, or anything else. You may change information by logging in and accessing the Account Management page.
You may terminate The Services service at any time. Should you decide to terminate The Services, none of your Subscriber PII or critical care information will be released to emergency service providers in connection with any subsequent 9-1-1 call by any phone associated with your Subscriber account from the time The Services receives your service termination request.
Rave reserves the right to suspend or disconnect service for phone numbers that are no longer valid.
7. Storage of Personal Information